Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Moving Forward With A Breeder

One of the breeders that I contacted was for Standard Poodles. Connies breeding program is nestled in the country fields of Selingsgrove, PA. She does no more than 2 litters a year - ever, and the puppies are not only part of her family but her life!

They are whelped and raised in her home, but also have a fabulous indoor/outdoor barn kennel where they have the ability to be socialized on many different surfaces (steps, ramps, wood, cement, etc!). On the farm they are raised with horses, goats and ducks! Connie works diligently to socialize them with guests from two weeks old up. Connie also has a wonderful grooming room where the puppies have been receiving daily handling with regards to grooming for many weeks.

All dogs are tested for OFA hips and elbows, CERF (eyes), Thyroid, Sebaceous Adenitis and cardio. They truly go above and beyond in the health testing to ensure they are doing everything possible to only breed the best standard poodles.

When Connie emailed me back, my heart was beyond excited!  I have to admit though, that I was nervous that, as it's been going in the past, things would still not work out. Over the Memorial Day weekend Connie and I emailed back and forth a lot. She indicated that she had two males available (thank heavens!) and that after reading the links I sent along about myself (a news article, Winstons blog and Gretels blog) she was confident that she'd place a puppy with me! The excitement really grew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment