Friday, November 30, 2012

Training at the doctors!

Kingsley worked very hard today!  He has had 4 or 5 training sessions walking on my wheelchair in public.  This may seem very simple but it takes a lot of focus and attention on the puppies part to avoid getting under the wheels.  So far we're sticking to open isled places and short sessions.

Today, Kingsley went with me to a doctors appointment.  When we got inside, he removed my gloves for me!  He calms down more if I ask him to do a cue he enjoys performing, so when I got settled in the waiting room, I asked him to "tug" - this has NEVER been cued w/ gloves before (at home or in public) and voila!  He tugged them both off and delivered them to my mom!  Great work buddy!

He had 1 little woof when the doctor knocked on the door to enter, but immediately calmed back down.     He really impressed me with his work.


No comments:

Post a Comment