Saturday, August 11, 2012

August - SMA Awareness Month

August is Spinal Muscular Atrophy Awareness month, and if it weren't for SMA I wouldn't have needed, and therefor met Sir Kingsley.


Kingsley and I lit a candle tonight, at 8pm in honor of all of the lives lost from this tragic disease, as well as for all of us that are still fighting it every day.  I thank God for the light that Kingsley brings to my life.  I would never attempt to hold a lit candle (let alone as heavy as this one was) with any other nearly 5-month-old puppy.  But with Kingsley, I didn't even think twice.  He seems to read my mind, and be so in tune to what i'm doing that things like this aren't challenging.

Kingsley and I are praying for a cure, and hoping to educate a few others on the way.  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment