Monday, August 27, 2012

Big Training Milestone!

Today Kingsley trained at Target, working on my wheelchair leash - 100%!  This is huge and MUCH earlier than I expected to try!  We had him potty on a hand held leash with my mom, and cross the parking lot with her also.  Once inside I switched him to my wheelchair and he worked 100% up to par.  He did not pull on the leash, only got confused and crossed in front of my chair ONE time and had perfect accuracy for sit and down cues!

Waiting in line at the pharmacy
We were only there for about 20 minutes, which is why I chose this errand to begin public wheelchair work on.  He navigated through a few smaller isles, and did great at the pharmacy.  My pharmacist even exclaimed "No dogs today?" because Kingsley immediately responded to his down cue when we got to the counter, they never saw him or heard my command!  She couldn't stop complimenting his wonderful behavior.  Afterward we walked through more isles before heading out.  He did great walking through the automatic doors, and the parking lot!

Waiting for the "car" cue in the parking lot
I am really excited to be able to handle him more in public by myself now.  Words can't really convey how proud of him I am.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment