Tuesday, June 26, 2012

HUGE Training Day - part 1

Today Kingsley went on an adventure while I taught an owner training class for a team with PAD.  It was about 3 hours and he experienced DOZENS of new things.  I think we'll do the blog in photos, over two entries - enjoy!

Preferred location, next to me, in van
Walking over a brick bridge, over water with ducks

Sitting with attention

Walking over a wooden bridge (plus the step)

Practicing walking on stairs

A stellar photo!
This is a section of the AKC Canine Good Citizenship test
It shows self control and appropriate friendly dogs when
out on a walk!

This is an auto-settle, when the handler isn't moving, Kingsley is learning
to not move either!  Look how great he's doing with all that action!

More stair training!

Kingsley did a great job, especially at checking back with me, and on me over all.

Relaxing while we shop at Wilbur Chocolate Factory

Kingsley poses with PAD Soren (11 mo) in the museum
at Wildbur Chocolate Factory

2 comments:

  1. I truly believe God hand painted this dog, as he does his other creatures, but this one with careful beautiful brush strokes.

    Though training etc. are not, by any means my strong suit or forte' in the assistance dog world, I am called again today to say again how well this little poodle-man comported himself, steps above and beyond the expectations and stands out daily with new things which hadn't even occurred to me to be proud of him for yet.

    He integrates so effortlessly into any group of dogs my own SD and I have been around with in the organization and his absolute ease in public at his age was a complete comfort after being in hospital for over a week when I wasn't sure I wanted to be out a whole lot in public with even my own well behaved dog and a good friend's extremely well mannered 11 month old. The puppy literally added no stress and the outing was smooth and exactly how I needed to ease my way back into my real world.

    Kingsley continued to be wonderful company among the adult dogs after public time fitting in during much needed play for my Service Dog who earned his evening in the yard with his sister and his buddy after this taxing week of taking care of me - I can honestly say that Puppy Kingsley literally fit in perfectly - my Burke is very tolerant of puppies, but K couldn't even have given him a thing to complain about! He didn't beg for attention, didn't require to play on the big boy runs, and also didn't freak out and shy away when the older boys chased each other up the path, around the yard, and over the water bowl. Polite, observant, and steady he even took several moments to come check in on me while I was sitting in a sweet manner that seemed to say "I know your my momma's friend and I thought I might just give you a snuggle, so 'Hello!"

    So He's Great. So Impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise, i think you captured it perfectly. There is something special about Kingsley.
    I am also so grateful that you chose to reintegrate into the world with us. It was the highlight of my day, spending time with the three of you and the dogs. I am honored that we were able to be there for you after such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete