Saturday, June 9, 2012

Kingsley's First Wedding

*Two things I forgot to write yesterday are: 1. Kingsley barked less on the ride home, out of the crate again and 2. Kingsley fell asleep with very little barking last night!*

So, I'm exhausted and yet so proud of Kingsley that I just have to write about our day.  Today, my fabulous and amazing older brother got married.  I was actually feeling really under the weather (probably pushed myself too hard for the rehearsal and set up, combined with my allergies) and took only one picture, and it was of Kingsley that I took while we hung out watching last minute things come together.  Unfortunately it didn't even turn out very good but it shows how flooofy he got, and though you can't really see it, he's wearing a bow tie collar. :)


Yet again, today, he was incredible.  He barely barked at all when we left for the wedding (I only noted that we were on Newport Rd and he was quiet, that's probably less than 4 minutes from my house!).   I had decided that i'd bring my pop up crate, and use that for the ceremony, wedding photos, cocktail "hour" and pretty much until their first dance.  With him being so young,  I didn't want to risk any spontaneous bark or potty accidents mid "once in a lifetime" moments for the couple.  Luckily, the wedding was at my dads and his basement had the AC cranking in order to keep floral arrangements fresh (her bouquet was soaking and in the AC so that it could be preserved).  This was where I set up his crate, filled a few toys w/ Kibble and put a kong inside.  He was pretty darn quiet and you could not hear him ANYWHERE outside of the garage!

When Kingsley came out, well, let's just say he is quite the head turner!  Everyone wanted to meet him, kiss him, and hear all about him!  A lot of people took pictures and I just cannot wait to see them!  Nothing bothered him, not the DJ, the disco ball lights, the dancing - the crowds - NOTHING!  He met about 8 new kids all under 6 years old, and dozens of new people ranging from young adults to the elderly!  He was eager to meet everyone, even the DJ!

Thanks to my step sister and her fiancĂ©, we have 3 fabulous photos to add!  Below is Kingsley being the studious ham that he is with Christie, my gorg step sister from NYC!





He had no fear responses, no potty accidents, or any other issues.  The ride home was extremely peaceful, he may have barked a total of 2 minutes!  When we got home he was calm but happy and eager to eat dinner.  He fell asleep with less than 5 minutes of fussing in his crate!!

Oh, and here are photos from the set up and rehearsal and here are photos from the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment