Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wedding Clean Up!

Phew - we were all so tired today that everyone slept in, including Kingsley who didn't STIR in his crate until a little before 8am!


While I was getting up around 11 am, this was the position Kingsley fell asleep next to me in!  I couldn't stop laughing at how awkward it was!  We ate a quick lunch, played some fetch in the horrible heat (90 degrees is TOO hot for us!) and then headed BACK to my dads to pick up our crate, bowls, and other things we left there.  Todays car ride had about 2 barks and a minute of whimpering before he was silent for the rest of the ride!  He did great being tethered in the shade with a bowl of water while we helped clean up some of the wedding stuff, and got to see about 10 people he'd met over the rest of the wedding festivities.  We were only there about 25 minutes, but I poured cold water over him twice because it was so hot!  He did great though with my Godson playing in a baby pool of water with a hose, and never tried to get in with him even though at home he has his on!  This is probably because he was SO hot! :)  When we left I was really thrilled because he didn't bark at all in the car, only whimpered for a few minutes!



We did about 10 minutes later that night w/ clicker training.  We re-charged the sound w/ food and then marked when he'd look at me after I say his name.   That's all we really did all day though because we were all SO tired.  He did pretty good again in his crate for bed time, and only fussed for about 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment