Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Welcome Home, Sweet Boy.

Today was beyond perfect.  Kingsley remembered us, and went back to activities he enjoyed last week.  He investigated my van's ramp (this time stepping up with all four paws!) and played merrily with my leash on my wheelchair.   His recalls impressively were even better this time, and he looked a bit bigger!  It was such a joy to spend time with Connie again, and I will truly never forget today - and cherish this photo for my entire life!


The ride home (which was about 3 hours with stopping for food and gas) was very peaceful.  He barked for about 5-8 minutes in the crate but even during the stops never started back up again.  At some point he did throw up some grass, but NOTHING serious and very common for the first long car ride for a puppy. There was no food or anything in it otherwise.  We spent the entire evening slowly doing introductions into our dog crew, two by two.  This was a flawless process, and showed Kingsley's superb canine communication skills.  He is curious and interested but very aware and respectful.  He had no potty accidents, ate his dinner swiftly (but not a hog, laid down actually!) and came to me every time I called him - though rarely left my side.  Kingsley exploded all of my first floor of my house minus the dog food storage room.  He had no trouble changing floor textures and showed no fear nor over arousal.


Around 9:30 pm we headed to bed, and he fell asleep with LITTLE whining and only a few sad barks.  He has been fast asleep, had the hiccups and dreamt a few times.  <3 


"Whoever is happy will make others happy too. He who has courage and faith will never perish in misery." 
-Anne Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment