Friday, June 8, 2012

Kingsley's day of wedding prep!

Phew!  Today was a busy day for Kingsley and I!  First we increased the period of time he needs to wait calmly for his release to eat, and like usual he did great.  Then we went outside for 5 minutes of leash training on my wheelchair!  We won't practice this again until he's older, but he did great hanging out and even walked about 15 feet on the leash connected to my wheelchair!  Here is the photo I snapped mid training!


Then we packed the car and headed to my dads place, where my brother will be getting married tomorrow!  This was his first care ride out of the crate (he was tethered) and he barked for about 10 minutes before settling down.


Once there he really proved how wonderfully balanced he is!  He had no problem relaxing on a tether - mid commotion and just hanging out quietly.   There was a professional tent crew setting up the 45 foot tent, a catering company, 10 or so family members and another dog (a new black lab).  Kingsley did perfect the ENTIRE day.  The majority of the time we hung out while my mom and sisters made 15 floral arrangements.  His reaction was quite mature for his age...as he simply slept.


What I loved about the day was how much he wanted to be with me, but when I left his side, he remained completely quiet and calm.  He'd watch and wait for me to return but not bark or fuss at all!  You can even see in the photo above how relaxed he is, compared to my service dog, Gretel - who is bored and watching the commotion!

Later that day my nephews came (ranging in age from 9 years to 2 years) and Kingsley was a gentlemen meeting and greeting them all!  They played badminton and quates, and Kingsley was interested but had no prey drive or arousal issues!  He also was with me for two picnic style meals, and laid quietly at my feet.  These are the rest of the photos I have from the WONDERFUL day!

Milo - Gretel - Kingsley
the canine crew, in full wedding colors <3

Kingsley checking out the quates game

Kingsley got up RIGHT as the picture was taken, and help was short handed so I couldn't ask for another picture to be taken BUT this was a wonderful memory none the less, as he and Gretel laid at my feet for the first picnic meal of the weekend!

At the table w/ me during set up while I grabbed a bite to eat!  One of my FAVORITE pics of Kings 
Kingsley meets Quintin, my Godson and son of the Bride and Groom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment