Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Special Boy, For Sure

Kingsley got the day off since he had vaccines yesterday, but worked really hard at home.  We started the day out with a training session (up, off, sit and his name) and then we introduced a new idea.  Since I work w/ so many other dogs, it is really important that Kingsley can lay quietly while I train other dogs.  He did AWESOME letting me train Rayhill the aussie.  Kingsley simply slept next to my chair and happily ate a treat dropped at his paws randomly!

Later, while outside, Kingsley surprised me incredibly.  Gretel was really worked up and wanted to play ball very badly.  It was 95 degrees out, so I was not going to let her run.  She was very persistent, and eventually leapt up and landed both paws on one of my feet causing extremely bad pain.  I quickly cued her off but she was so focused on the ball I had to move my chair to get her down.  Kingsley got up from laying in the shade, came around to my right side, climbed onto my footrests and laid his belly gently over my feet.  He then tucked his nose against my leg, and stayed there for quite some time.


I don't quite have words for his response.  He was very deliberate, very gentle and very aware.  He remained there for so long, and looked around to verify that Gretel wasn't close to me when he got off of my feet.  He truly amazes me already.

After I taught class later, I brought him out and let him play with 9 month old chocolate labrador, Biscotti.  They had a lot of fun and then simply napped together. 


Good boy, Kingsley...good boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment